Locally Grown & Perfectly Picked for the Sweetest Summer Snack
As Alberta doesn’t have the best conditions for growing fruits, we source our Cherries from local flatters in The Okanagan. The Okanagan provides the perfect growing climate for dark, luscious, juicy cherries.
Our growers depend on our natural resources and use growing methods that ensure the protection and longevity of these resources, which is why every BC cherry that Dumvegan Gardens source is conventionally and sustainably grown.
Quick Tip for Cherries:
- Store refrigerated and unwashed for several days.
- Choose plump, bright-coloured fruits; avoid soft cherries.
- To maintain optimum flavour and texture, keep cherries chilled (we chill them right after they’re picked and they stay that way until you purchase them.
- Take that chilling one step further and freeze some cherries to use instead of ice cubes in the beverage of your choice.
- Preserve your Cherries as Jams - check our Canners special page